A roof inspection in Raleigh NC is not only an essential part of maintenance in your current home but is also important when buying a new property. After the home buyers survey, a thorough roof inspection is one of the most important aspects of buying a new home, as it catches any problems with your roof before they escalate into costly, dangerous issues.
A professional roof survey conducted by Roofwise offers roof services that provide a thorough assessment of the residential roofing in Raleigh NC, giving you the cost and time scale of any remedial work for the roof installation if ever the roof of the property needs to be repaired. This article will serve to explain the importance of having the roof inspected before you buy a house, and what potential problems may arise.
Purchasing a home with a dilapidated roof can result in an immediate drain on your finances, or lead to more expensive damages like water leaks or mold if the need for a replacement goes unnoticed for a long period of time. Protect yourself and your future earnings by obtaining a certification from aroofing contractor you trust before investing your life’s savings into a property.
Many potential homeowners believe a home inspector will alert them to any roof damage, making a separate assessment unnecessary apart from the mandated home inspection. This is not true. Home inspectors will most likely not climb on top of the roof to inspect it closely. They will only walk the perimeter of the home, viewing the shingle wear from the ground. While they may look for interior water damage which may be caused by an aging roof, the initial indications a roof needs repair or replacement are found on the exterior.
- Missing, cracked, buckling or warped shingles
- Excessive shingle granulation in the drainage system
- Insufficient ventilation, leading to a moisture buildup in the eaves
- Pooling water in gutters or around the home’s foundation
- Leaks underneath flashing surrounding skylights, chimneys and vents
- Ridge tiles
- Guttering and rainwater systems (blockages, damages, cracks)
- Valley and gulleys
- Flat roofs
- Roof windows and skylights
- Dormer/pitched roofs
- Roofing covering
- Chimney stacks/pot
- Roof structure (internal and external checks)
- Residential Asphalt Shingles – Asphalt shingles are a tradition for residential houses, and there are several different types to pick from!
- Flashing Repair – If your roof’s flashing is damaged, your roof may be vulnerable to leaking and other damages. It’s essential to have your flashing inspected and repaired regularly.
- Roof Inspections – Your roof is vulnerable to various damages throughout the years. The most efficient way to defend the roof is with annual roof inspections.
- Roof Installation – If your roof is in need of replacement, or if you would like to install an entirely new roof, you can depend on us for a speedy as well as a cost-effective service!
- Roof Repair Services – We can fix any type of residential roof damage you’ll come across on your home’s roof.
- Fascia & Soffit Repairs – All residential roofs require soffit and fascia to protect the edges of the roof from rain, wind, and wildlife.
- Roof Replacement – When your roofing materials have reached the end of their lifespan, we offer professional replacement services.
- Premium Roofing – Our staff works with the industry’s finest roofing manufacturers to purchase and install a wide range of premium roofing materials.
- No Mess Roofing – We use the Equipter RB4000 roofing trailer to protect your property from damage during our roof repair services.